Sunday, July 27, 2008

Physical Therapy started.....

Well I started physical therapy last Monday! Nothing too exciting just yet. All I am doing right now are exercises to stretch and strengthen my stump and hip. I didn't think it would be to bad, but I am actually sore from it!!
My new leg/foot has been giving me a problem. A small problem, but none the less, a problem. I am suppose to get a pressure spot right under my knee but instead it is a little further down on my leg-stump. I guess it was a blister, and now the blister busted. So every time I go to walk, it rubs and hurts! I just hope this doesn't prolong my doctors decision to let me put full weight bearing on it.
I went back to the prosthetic dr on Wednesday and they couldn't figure out why it was rubbing like it is. So they put some padding in the brace, but it still rubs. Hmmm. Anyway, they still said everything looks really good and that they think my surgeon will let me put full weight bearing hopefully this week. So they casted me for a socket. The next foot I get (hopefully next week or the week after) will be a socket, bar and a foot and hopefully I will be able to bend my knee. They were also talking about a new prosthesis that is still in beta testing and asked if I would be willing to try it. Of course, I said yeah!!
Friday when I went back to PT, my therapist told me I needed to go back to the prosthetic place to let them look at the pressure spot. So I did and he put more padding in there. I thought it would help, but after having the foot/leg on for a period of time, it started hurting again. So I have decided to leave it off while I am at home and in the bed. Just to give that pressure spot a little time to heal. I dont know if I am suppose to do that or not, but I feel that is what I need to do. I will HAVE to wear it again tomorrow when I go back to PT.
Speaking of tomorrow- this next week is gonna be a busy one!! Tomorrow, I have to go back to PT and to the prosthetic place, then Tuesday I will get a break and be home. Wednesday, we have to register the kids for school. Then Thursday, I have to go back to the surgeon. And then somehow next Friday, I need to get out and go grocery shopping. Not to sure how I am gonna do that yet.
A week from tomorrow is the kids first full day back at school! I am gonna miss them, but I think they are ready to go back!
Anyway, I guess thats all for now. I will update more once I have more news.



Siggie

1 comment:

Pamela said...

OHH Jennifer, why am I not getting your updates? Hmm.. I didn't know you had your leg... I'm so happy for you... things are getting coming right along for you... I'm so happy :))