Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just stuff....

Well I haven't blogged in a few days so I figured it was time, lol. I didn't realize it had been a whole week!
So I guess I need to start with last Wednesday since that is when I went back to the dr.
The prosthetic guy was suppose to come last Tuesday to change my dressing and bring me my foot, but he had the wrong foot! They had a left foot and I need a right! So because my dr appt was the next day, we decided to wait and just have my bandage changed the next day!
So Wednesday, I went to the prosthetic place in Nashville before going to the dr. Because I am healing so well, I had to go down a size in the brace and they didn't have the right size "pylon" which goes at the bottom of the brace for the foot to connect to. Which in a way is a good thing because going down a size means I am healing well! Actually, Dan (the prosthetic guy) couldn't believe it, he said it was "phenomenal"! So that is wonderful.
Then we went to the surgeons office. He said it was "fantastic". They took all of the stitches out, which didnt hurt as bad as I thought! Then he told me that I could start putting pressure on my foot when I get it in 2 weeks. That is awesome. He also gave me a prescription to start physical therapy! Yay!
Thursday I rested most of the day! Then Friday was great! I went to town and had a good time, then we came home and went across the street to the church yard sale. I sat with them for 2 hours and then went to Julie's! Now that was great! We ate, I stuffed myself, and then shot fireworks. It was nice getting to "hang out".
Saturday, I slept most of the day!!! I was wore out! Then we went to my mother in laws for a cookout and fireworks.
Sunday, we went to church and then came back home to go to church down here for their dinner. That was nice also!
Yesterday, I became a great-aunt again! But this time it was from my side of the family. My first great-niece!!! My nephew came and got me so I could be there when she was born! At 2:47 p.m. little Alexandria Cariana was born! Weighing in at 6 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long! She is so beautiful. And to see the gleam in my niece's eye was wonderful. She is a proud mama!
Today I am sitting around as usual. I want to try to do something around here. But I don't know how I am going to be able to do that! I can't clean, but I do wanna try to cook supper tonight!
My sister in law is going to take me sometime this week, to the physical therapy place so that I can get that started! Other than that, I have no other plans for the week!




Siggie

No comments: